Monday, December 17, 2007

Top 5 Christmas Movies

This is my list of top 5 Christmas movies. It may not be a very reliable list because frankly, I haven't seen all the Christmas movies I've been told I need to see. And maybe one or two of these you wouldn't necessarily consider Christmas movies...but the drum roll please.

#5: Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost In New York
Yea, I know. It's not one movie, it's two. But it's my list so I get to choose! Anyway, I've heard many people say they thought the first one was good but that was all they needed. The 2nd one was two much. Well I think they're wrong. I enjoyed two just as much when I was a kid. Seeing someone your own age alone in New York city in that big hotel with all the ice cream, it's amazing!
And a second round of Joe Pesci and Christopher Lloyd was worth it.

#4: Miracle on 34th Street(The Newer One)
I know the original is the better one according to everyone, but I'm not a fan of older movies, so the more recent one does it for me. A classic tale of a young girl not believing in Santa, then who else comes around to help her believe but the jolly old man him self, Saint Nick.





#3: Rudy


Yes, the football movie. Not a movie about Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer. I chose this one because it always seems to be on during the holiday season. It also helps that it is one of my favorite movies of all-time. And if the final scene in the movie doesn't get you something have to be wrong with you!






#2: The Santa Clause
Tim Allen as Santa Claus, funny stuff. For someone who grew up in the Tim Allen/Home Improvement era, this movie was a classic for me as a 9-year old.







and my #1 Christmas movie is.....

A Christmas Story
First of all, I have to thank TBS. Without them, would we get to enjoy 24 straight hours of A Christmas Story. I have seen the whole movie, but I don't think I've ever seen it all the way through. I'll watch the first 20 minutes, then go do something, then finish the rest of it later. The 24 hours is great! This movie is full of classic scenes as well. The mall scene, the dog-eating turkeys, the new lamp for the family. Those are just a few of the great scenes from this movie. If you haven't seen it, check it out. Chances are if you tune to TBS on Christmas Eve or Christmas, you won't miss it!
Signing off, Jono

1 comment:

amy =) said...

what about the grinch?!? or charlie brown?!? or my new favorite polar express?!?