Saturday, December 10, 2011

I'm BACK!

After a long hiatus, I'm giving this another go. I've had some recent motivation to put my thoughts back on the web. I last left off (two years ago) at the start of another college football season in which my team, the Troy Trojans, would go on to win a fourth straight Sun Belt championship in 2009 and added another in 2010.

As much as we don't like it, all good things must come to an end. That happened in a big way for the 2011 Troy football team. The team finished 3-9, the worst season under coach Larry Blakeney. Excuses can be made, but they don't help. It was just the second time since I have become a Trojan we have had a losing season. The last time it happened was in 2005. I won't dwell on the season, because it is come and gone. There will be another next year and another chance to start a streak.

There are some things to look forward to for fans of Troy. The basketball team has started the season 4-3. While that shouldn't blow you away, for this team with no expectations that start is impressive. With a new arena coming into play next season, there could be good times ahead for Don Maestri and his teams.

But even looking past Troy sports, the headlines are full of big-time news. From scandals to lockouts, big free agent signings, and the always fun BCS there is plenty of things to talk about and start some good conversations.

I will be back to speak my mind but until enjoy reading.

No comments: