Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Vacation

Christmas time is my favorite time of the year. I know this is a little late, but since I'm still on my Christmas break, it's still pertinent.

I get about two weeks off from work during this break. It is great to get some time away from work, away from all the problems and just catch your breath. I know come January 9, I will be rejuvenated and kind of eager to get back. While it is nice to be off, these times can be kind of dull. Finding something to do is not as easy as I wish it would be, but being lazy and spending time with my wife, is pretty nice.

Another great thing about this time of year is spending time with family. I don't nearly as much time with either of our families as we would like. But getting to enjoy time with family and listen to my Dad and his brothers and sister reminisce on the past is always fun. Getting to see my mom's side is equally as great. Having the whole family over to our house reminded me of my younger days when that's where everyone would be. We haven't had a Christmas like that is probably 10 years.

On the other side, it was so much fun to see our nephews open their presents and see their faces light up. They would scream about how that was exactly what they wanted and then immediately ask to have help to put it together. Those are the moments that make this time so fun, the joy on people's faces and just the time spent being around each other.

I'll have a sports blog up in the next day or so about the sports events and happenings that I'm looking forward to most in 2012.

No comments: